Submit a Maintenance Request
Listed below are some common maintenance issues and some helpful tips. Before submitting your request, please read the below helpful maintenance tips to avoid taking time off from work to schedule a repairman and to potentially avoid unnecessary bills to your account.
Garbage Disposal Problem
- Try to reset the switch. It’s usually a little red button underneath or on the side of the garbage disposal.
- Check for a blockage in the sink or blades. MAKE SURE THAT YOU TURN IT OFF & UN-PLUGGED before putting your hands down the sink to check.
Electrical Problems – Electrical Plugs & Switches
- Sometimes the electrical breaker outside may “trip” Check the Breaker Panel to see if any of the breakers are flipped off. If so, then flip them back on and see if that works.
- Make sure that the light bulbs are replaced.
- Check the GFCI’s (these are usually located in the bathrooms, kitchen, and garage. One or more of them may be “tripped” and just needs reset.) Just push the reset button and re-test the switch or plug again.
- Contact the SRP or APS to see if there is a power outage in the area.
- Make sure that you have arranged for electric services to be turned on through APS, or SRP.
Hot Water Heater Problem
- Electric Hot Water Heaters are a little different gas hot water heaters. If it is an Electric Hot Water Heater – check to see if the fuse in the electrical box and make sure the fuse is ON. Also, check the valve on the water heater to make sure that it is also ON. If one, or both of these are OFF, then the water heater won’t work.
- Gas Hot Water Heaters are different than Electric. If it is a Gas Hot Water Heater – look to see if the pilot light has burned out. You may need to contact South West Gas so they can send someone out to turn on your Gas and light the pilot light.
- Often times, the connections on the burners need to just be adjusted.
- Check the connections at each element to make sure that they are not disconnected, loose or corroded. If so, remove the element, clean the ends as best as possible and plug it back in again to fix the issue.
- Check to make sure that there isn’t anything visible blocking the drain.
- Try a common household solution such as Draino or Liquid Plumber.
- Remove old food from the kitchen garbage disposal and pour hot water down the drain.
- Make sure the washer is plugged in.
- Make sure that the lid is closed all the way on the washer.
- Make sure that the washer isn’t too overloaded or out of balance. If so, then take out some of the clothing and re-arrange it through out the base of the machine to make sure its even and then try to re-start the cycle.
The Dryer is not working
- Make sure that the filter is cleaned off and that the lint is removed. If not, the dryer won’t be able to properly dry clothes. If that doesn’t repair the issue then the actual vent could be plugged up and or there is a more serious issue with the dryer.
Please submit your maintenance request. Note that requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except for holidays. For after-hours tenant emergencies only, please call (480) 800-9393.